Understanding the rental housing crisis and solutions to end it
The current rental landscape is changing, and changing fast. Highlighting data on rental housing from a variety of sources, the Social Planning and Research Council of Hamilton is publishing a series of bulletins to bring attention to Hamilton’s renters, the buildings they live in, the rents they pay, and the difficulties they face in this challenging housing market.
For additional context, also see the SPRC’s 2018 report
Out of Control: Ontario’s acute rental housing crisis – Lessons from Hamilton and Quebec City
Join the SPRC e-newsletter in the box on the left of this page to receive in your inbox all bulletins as they are released over the next few weeks.
Rising Rents and Evictions in Hamilton and Beyond
Trends in Hamilton’s rental stock
Causes & Impacts of Hamilton’s Rental Housing Crisis (coming soon…)
· Contributors to Hamilton’s Rental Crisis
· Housing discrimination
· Health Impacts of Hamilton’s Rental Crisis
· Community Impacts of changes in rental housing
· Impacts on young people, newcomers and single renters in Hamilton
Solutions for Improving Hamilton’s Rental Market (coming soon…)
· What Is Affordable Housing?
· Tenant Protections as a tool to protect affordable housing
· Portable Housing Benefit: A Form of Basic Income?
· Housing Supply solutions to the rental housing crisis
· Individual & Community Actions to help address the rental housing crisis